Schedule Changes for the 2018-19 School Year
Please remember that each year Niwot’s master schedule is created to accommodate students’ course requests made during registration in the Spring semester of the previous year. Faculty members are employed, textbooks are purchased, and rooms are assigned on the basis of these requests.
Students had the opportunity to request schedule changes through the Schedule Change Request Google Form. The schedule change request form is now closed for the 2018-19 school year. The schedule change request window was open from May 22nd until May 25th and again from August 13th until August 17th. Requests made via email will not be considered.
Niwot’s schedule change policy dictates that only changes for an academic compelling reason will be allowed. Examples of academic compelling reasons are listed below. If you do not qualify for a change based on one of the reasons below, your request will not be considered.
- Gap in schedule (no class listed)
- Missing course that you are required to take this school year for graduation (note: 10th grade students will have the opportunity to take Personal Finance in years to follow in order to meet graduation requirements)
- Incorrect level of a class (example: Spanish 3 instead of Spanish 2)
- Dropping a course for a time release (this does not include switching time release blocks and choosing new courses)
- Schedule inaccuracy (example: two P.E. classes in one day, haven't met the prerequisite for a class, same elective on the schedule twice)
Since class changes will only be made for the reasons listed above, students and parents should assess their abilities and goals and carefully request courses for each school year. Much effort is made by counselors and faculty to register students for requested courses.
Dropping a Course
If a class is dropped after September 13th, 2018 a Failing grade of F will be reflected on the permanent transcript.